Mobile Apps Continue To Thrive, with Record Spending Expected in 2023: Here is 10 Stats
Looks like mobile app development isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, people are still all about mobile apps and that trend is expected to keep on keepin’ on.
Some key stats:
- The mobile app market is expected to continue growing, and it’s predicted to reach an insane $935 billion in revenue by 2023.
- The Apple App Store has 1.96 million apps available for download.
- The Google Play Store has a slightly larger selection, with 2.87 million apps available.
- A significant portion of millennials use apps frequently, with 21% opening an app 50+ times per day.
- Nearly half of people (49%) use apps at least 11 times per day.
- Mobile apps make up a significant portion of digital media time in the US, accounting for 70% of all usage.
- In-app purchases are a popular monetization method — an estimated 50% of non-game apps and 79% of game apps use them.
- The average smartphone owner uses a lot of apps, with a daily average of 10 and a monthly average of 30.
- In-app purchases make up 48.2% of mobile app earnings, while 14% comes from ad-based revenue and 37.8% comes from paid app downloads.
- People worldwide are spending a whopping $380 billion on in-app purchases.
In addition to the always-growing demand for mobile apps, we can also expect to see new tech and platforms popping up that will change the game for app development. For example, the Internet of Things (IoT) is getting bigger and better all the time, and there’s more and more artificial intelligence and machine learning being used in mobile apps. This is all going to drive innovation and create new opportunities for app developers.
TL;DR —Mobile app development isn’t going anywhere! People are still obsessed with their apps and that trend shows no signs of slowing down. In fact, the mobile app market is expected to make a ridiculous amount of money in 2023 — $935 billion, to be exact.
Lots of people are using apps like crazy — 21% of millennials even open an app 50+ times per day! And don’t forget about all the new tech and platforms that are popping up and shaking things up in the app world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is getting better all the time, and there’s more and more ML being used in apps. This is all leading to some seriously innovative app development and a whole bunch of new opportunities for app developers.